OUR FLAT FRIEND LAP PAD IS RECOMMENDED FOR THOSE WHO:
- Have Sensory Processing Disorder, ADD, ADHD and/or Autism Spectrum Disorder.
- Find weight relaxing.
- Have difficulty focusing unless there is additional input.
- Who like something tactile-interesting on their lap.
- Want something different the regular lap pads.
- Are overwhelmed by sensations in their environment.
- Have poor body awareness.
- This product comes in a variety of styles - a multicoloured snake, a blue dog, a spotted cat.
- This lap pad is for people who need extra physical input in their major muscles, like leg muscles, in order to help with regulation, focus and feel settled, and want something that is also kinda cute.
- Encourages a repetitive stroking behaviour which can be relaxing and self-regulating.
- Easily removable, washable cover.
- No worry about filling leaking out of the insert - made with two layers of separately stitched fabric.
- Channels keep the weights evenly spread.
- Cover is lined to keep its shape, and spills are less likely to be absorbed into the insert.
- Use on other parts of the body, especially when lying down to help with regulation.
- Cool in a freezer for morning use to awaken a slow responder.
- As part of the natural sleep cycle, our temperature drops slightly. Using a cooled flat friend to gently cool the body prior to bed can aid some people to fall asleep faster.
- Caution: the wrong amount of weight can be irritating.
Cover Material: 100% Polyester exterior. Poly/cotton broadcloth lining.
Insert Material Exterior: Poly/cotton broadcloth or wipeable vinyl.
Insert Material to Provide Weight: Poly pellets, glass bead or steel shot, depending on the weight.
- Proudly made in Canada
- Size: 18 x 63 cm / 7 x 25 in
- OR our new shorter 57 x 31 cm / 22.5 x 12 in.
- Price includes cover and insert.
- .9 kg/2 lb - $34.99
- 1.8 kg/4 lb - $49.99
- 2.7 k/6 lb - $64.99
- 4.5 kg/10 lb - $79.99
- Check cover and insert regularly for wear.
To wash cover: Remove insert. Machine wash on gentle cycle or hand wash using detergent.
To dry cover: Lay flat to dry or tumble dry on low heat. To prevent wrinkling, remove from dryer when slightly damp.
To clean insert: The cover should prevent the need to clean the insert.
- We are considering changes in our insert, so to help both past and present clients, all cleaning options will be described here.
- If the exterior is a wipeable vinyl, please wipe with a damp cloth.
- If the exterior is cloth, all except the rice can be immersed in water.
- Rice was the filling for the old .9 kg / 2 lb insert.
- The 2.7 kg / 6 lb and the 4.5 kg / 10 lb inserts have steel shot, which can rust. The rust colour may show on the outside of the insert if left damp too long.
- Never put a damp insert into the cover.
- To dry insert:
- Wipe vinyl exterior with dry cloth or air dry.
- Allow cloth exterior insert to air dry completely before putting into cover.