OUR FIDGET FRIENDLY LAP PAD IS RECOMMENDED FOR THOSE WHO:
- Have Sensory Issues, ADD, ADHD and/or are on the Autism Spectrum.
- Find weight regulating and/or relaxing.
- Have difficulty focusing unless there is additional input.
- Like additional and changeable fidget items available.
- Are overwhelmed by sensations in their environment.
- Have poor body awareness.
- This lap pad is for people who need extra physical input in their major muscles, like leg muscles, in order to help with regulation, focus and feel settled.
- Bonus of 3-split rings to easily add fidget items (fidgets not included).
- To maintain curiousity, fidgets can be changed.
- Removable, washable cover.
- No worry about the filling leaking out - two layers of separately stitched fabric.
- Channels keep the weight evenly spread.
- Cover is lined to keep its shape and spills are less likely to be absorbed into the insert.
- Use on other parts of the body, especially when lying down to help with regulation.
- Cool in a freezer for morning use to awaken a slow responder.
- As part of the natural sleep cycle, our temperature drops slightly. Using a chilled lap pad to gently cool the body prior to bed can aid some people to fall asleep faster.
- Caution: the wrong amount of weight can be irritating.
Cover Material: 100% Polyester exterior. Poly/cotton broadcloth lining.
Insert Material Exterior: Poly/cotton broadcloth.
Insert Material to Provide Weight: Poly pellets, glass beads, or steel shot, depending on the weight.
- Proudly made in Canada
- Size: 18 x 63 cm / 7 x 25 in
- Price includes cover and insert.
- .9 kg/2 lb - $36.99 Temporarily unavailable due to bead supply issues.
- 1.8 kg/4 lb - $51.99
- 2.7 kg/6 lb - $66.99
- 4.5 kg/10 lb - $79.99
- Check cover and insert regularly for wear.
To wash cover: Remove insert. Match all hook and loop tape so hook side is covered. Machine wash on gentle cycle or hand wash using detergent.
To dry cover: Lay flat to dry or tumble dry on low heat. To prevent wrinkling, remove from dryer when slightly damp.
To clean insert: The cover should prevent the need to clean the insert.
- It's best to only damp wipe the insert.
- Plastic beads are used now in the .9 kg. Rice was the filling for the old style.
- Glass beads are used in the 1.8 kg / 4 lb insert
- The 2.7 kg / 6 lb and the 4.5 kg / 10 lb inserts have steel shot, which can rust. The rust colour may show on the outside of the insert if left damp too long. It will not affect its usability
- Never put a damp insert into the cover.
- To dry insert:
- Allow cloth exterior insert to air dry completely before putting into cover.