- 30 cm / 12 in. stuffy with a removeable 1450 g/ 3 lb weight, and a removeable water-based, non-toxic gel pack that stays warm up to 40 minutes.
- The weighted insert is double lined for durability.
- Because of the thickness of the fake fur, the stuffy has a gentle temperature change.
- Carrying a weighted stuffy, placing it on your lap when seated or on your chest when resting, can help with regulation.
- Stuffy should always be carried by holding the body. The weight places too much stress on the seams if carried by the head or limbs.
- Comes in its own ready-to-give gifting box.
- The gel pack should remain inside the stuffy when the stuffy is in use.
- Stuffy: 100% polyester
- Weight: Exterior: Nylon or polyester/cotton blend. Interior: steel shot.
OUR WEIGHTED HOT’N’COLD STUFFY IS RECOMMENDED FOR THOSE WHO:
- Find weight, warmth, coolness or cuddling calming and/or increases their ability to focus.
- Are overwhelmed by sensations in their environment.
- Have poor body awareness.
- Want a stuffy that aids in regulation, whether it’s weight or temperature that’s needed.
- Would benefit from adding weight or temperature change to their bedtime routine.
- Instructions for Temperature Regulation
- To heat: Microwave: Remove gel pack from stuffy and place in a microwave for 15 seconds. Continue heating at 15 seconds increments until desired temperature is reached. Low-medium levels of heat recommended.
- Please note: Damage to the pack can result if it's allowed to overheat. Watch the pack carefully while heating. If it becomes enlarged (balloons) turn off the microwave and allow the gel pack to cool before handling.
- Hot Water: Remove from stuffy and place pack into a bowl or sink of hot water. Leave submerged in water for 8 minutes or until it reaches desired temperature.
- Caution: Do not overheat. Overheating can lead to gel pack bursting. Do not apply hot gel pack directly on skin. Keep hot gel pack inside stuffy unless heating. Keep hot gel pack out of the reach of children.
- To cool: Place in freezer or refrigerator until desired temperature is reached.
Check stuffy and weight regularly for wear, especially the gel pack for leaks, and the ‘attachment seams’ (where the head and limbs are attached to the body).
- To wash: Surface wash with cold water and mild soap. Can be hand washed with pre-dissolved soap in warm or cool water.
- To dry: Air dry and gently brush to restore plush.
- Materials: Exterior: Nylon or polyester/cotton blend. Interior: Steel shot.
- To wash: Wipe clean with damp cloth. Do not immerse in water. Do not heat.
- Material: Water-based, non-toxic gel solution.
- To wash: Wipe clean with damp cloth.