OUR TRAVEL BLANKET IS RECOMMENDED FOR THOSE WHO:
- Have Sensory Issues, ADD, ADHD and/or on the Autism Spectrum.
- Are children, or are adults who enjoy weight on only a small part of their body.
- Have trouble falling asleep.
- Have difficulty staying asleep.
- Are restless sleepers.
- Fall asleep easily and stay asleep but are tired in the morning and throughout the day (aren’t getting quality sleep).
- Are overwhelmed by sensations in their environment.
- Find weight allows them to relax or centre their thoughts.
- Have poor body awareness.
- Who find transportation stressful (car or plane rides, for example).
- Need extra help sleeping when travelling.
- Find weight aids in self-regulation and are seated or in a wheelchair.
- Want a smaller blanket for screen- or reading-time.
- These blankets can be used at night or during the daytime. Because of their smaller size, they are more easily transportable.
- Travel size available in two weights: Regular approx. 5 lb and approx. 8-9 lb.
- Even distribution of weight provides better proprioceptive feedback throughout the body.
- Blanket can be rolled or folded into lap pad size and use as a lap pad.
- Should be under the direction of a trained professional such as an occupational therapist.
- Appropriate weight must be considered.
- Head and neck must be free at all times.
- Person must possess sufficient cognitive and physical capabilities to be able to remove blanket at any time.
- People with neurological deficits are at greater risk for temperature regulation impairments and should be monitored carefully.
- If it’s too hot (especially in summer) try an air conditioner, putting cold water in a hot water bottle, or placing the blanket on only part of the body.
- Adult supervision is suggested.
Colours for 5ish lb
- Grey houndstooth fleece
- Lime minky with khaki twill underside
- Navy minky with navy twill underside
- Pink minky with pink minky underside
- Pink minky with grey twill underside
- Silver minky with grey twill underside
Colours for 8-9 lb
- Black and white plaid fleece both sides
- Black and white plaid fleece with black twill underside
- Grey houndstooth fleece both sides
- Pink minky both sides
Exterior of the above: 100% polyester OR 50% polyester / 50% cotton for those with twill on one side.
Interior: wool twill with mixed fibers.
- Proudly made in Canada
Size, Weight & Price
- Size: 68 x 112 cm / 27 x 44 in
- Regular weight - approx. 2300 g / 5 lb - $139.99
- Plus weight - approx 4000 g / 8.5 lb - $169.99
To wash: Machine wash, preferably in a high capacity, front-loading machine or agitatorless top loading, using a regular amount of pre-mixed detergent. If soap-sensitive, rinse twice. Use warm or cold water to maintain colour brightness.
- If the blanket does not fit easily into the tub of your machine, it should be cleaned at a laundromat in a high-capacity machine.
- Do not use bleach or excessively hot water.
To dry: Tumble dry in the dryer. The blanket will form a ball when in the dryer, reducing the likelihood of drying. Several times during the drying cycle, take blanket out, shake and replace in the dryer. If possible, even after it feels dry to touch, allow to air dry over a railing or chairs to ensure complete drying.
- Do not iron, press, or dry clean.