- This lap pad is for people who need extra physical input in their major muscles, like leg muscles, in order to help with regulation, focus and feel settled.
- Easily removable, washable cover.
- No worry about a leaking insert - made with two layers of separately stitched fabric.
- Channels keep the weights evenly spread.
- Cover is lined to keep its shape, and spills are less likely to be absorbed into the insert.
- Use on other parts of the body, especially when lying down to help with regulation.
- Cool in a freezer for morning use to awaken a slow responder.
- As part of the natural sleep cycle, our temperature drops slightly. Using a cooled flat friend to gently cool the body prior to bed can aid some people to fall asleep faster.
- Caution: the wrong amount of weight can be irritating.
- Caution: lighter weighted lap pads can be thrown.
Cover Material: 100% Polyester exterior. Poly/cotton broadcloth lining.
Insert Material Exterior: Poly/cotton broadcloth or wipeable vinyl is being introduced soon. If interested in the vinyl-covered insert, please ask.
Insert Material to Provide Weight: Poly pellets, glass bead or steel shot, depending on the weight.
- Proudly made in Canada
- Size: 18 x 51cm / 7 x 20 in. New, shorter length is also being considered. Contact us if interested in a shorter lap pad.
- Price includes cover and insert.
OUR BASIC LAP PAD IS RECOMMENDED FOR THOSE WHO:
- Are overwhelmed by sensations in their environment.
- Have poor body awareness.
- Find weight relaxing.
- Have difficulty focusing unless there is additional input.
- Check cover and insert regularly for wear.
To wash cover: Remove insert. Match all hook and loop tape so hook side is covered. Machine wash on gentle cycle or hand wash using detergent.
To dry cover: Lay flat to dry or tumble dry on low heat. To prevent wrinkling, remove from dryer when slightly damp.
To clean insert: The cover should prevent the need to clean the insert.
- We are considering changes in our insert, so to help both past and present clients, all cleaning options will be described here.
- If the exterior is a wipeable vinyl, please wipe with a damp cloth.
- If the exterior is cloth, all except the rice can be immersed in water.
- Rice was the filling for the old .9 kg / 2 lb insert.
- The 2.7 kg / 6 lb and the 4.5 kg / 10 lb inserts have steel shot, which can rust. The rust colour may show on the outside of the insert if left damp too long.
- Never put a damp insert into the cover.
- To dry insert:
- Wipe vinyl exterior with dry cloth or air dry.
- Allow cloth exterior insert to air dry completely before putting into cover.